By Selene Raj
The Tamarac Parks and Recreations Fast Trac Kids program is returning to the city, and parents will have the opportunity to enroll their children while spots are still available.
At the after-school program for children in grades one to five, the city offers homework help, arts and crafts, indoor games, outdoor activities, and in-house field trips.
Pick up for children from Tamarac Elementary School is provided, and snacks are given out as well.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, all staff and children will be required to wear masks.
The program that operates Mondays to Fridays from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and takes place at Tamarac Recreation Center, 7501 N University Drive is $120 for residents and $150 for non-residents.
There are second children discounts available, that would bring the cost of a second enrolled student to $105 for residents and $130 for non-residents.
The program dates on the website are listed online as being Monday, October 5 to Friday, October 30.
Space is limited, so to register or learn more, visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests