By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to her advocacy during the latest legislative session, the Florida League of Cities has recognized Commissioner Julie Fishman with a 2020 Home Rule Hero awards.
This is the third year Commissioner Fishman has received the honor for representing Tamarac and protecting the home rule powers of the city.
“I was proud to represent my city during the last legislative session, and I’m always happy to add my voice to those working to protect home rule,” said Commissioner Fishman. “It’s critical that local elected officials retain the ability to make decisions that impact those who elected us into office.”
Home rule is the ability of a city to address local problems with minimal state interference.
Commissioner Fishman and the other award recipients worked throughout the legislative session to promote local voices making local choices, protect the Home Rule powers of Florida’s municipalities, and advance the League’s legislative agenda.
FLC Legislative Director Scott Dudley said the dedication and effort of these local officials during the 2020 legislative session was inspirational and should serve as a model for municipal officials statewide.
“These are some of our biggest advocates for municipal issues, and they’re shining examples of local advocacy in action. On behalf of the League and its legislative team, we’re proud to recognize each of them, and we thank them for their service.”
Subscribe to Tamarac Talk
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting