Who says flashmobs are just for the young?
A flash mob (or flashmob) is defined as a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.
More than 40 residents and staff of Forest Trace retirement community
descended upon mobbed the Food Court at the Westfield Broward Mall, Plantation as they performed a flashmob to the delight of the lunch crowd.
This event was the culmination of a month long celebration of Older American’s Month 2012. The national theme was “You are never too old to….”
Forest Trace residents Bobbie Cohen, Irving Weinstein, Shirley Rothstein, Phyllis Wellsweig and Lillian Ginsberg work on their opening moves for their dance Westfield Broward Mall Food Court which was covered by the Miami Herald.
Would someone please tell these youngsters to grow up?
And please don’t show this to their kids. We don’t want them to know how much fun they’re having.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications