Who says flashmobs are just for the young?
A flash mob (or flashmob) is defined as a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.
More than 40 residents and staff of Forest Trace retirement community
descended upon mobbed the Food Court at the Westfield Broward Mall, Plantation as they performed a flashmob to the delight of the lunch crowd.
This event was the culmination of a month long celebration of Older American’s Month 2012. The national theme was “You are never too old to….”
Forest Trace residents Bobbie Cohen, Irving Weinstein, Shirley Rothstein, Phyllis Wellsweig and Lillian Ginsberg work on their opening moves for their dance Westfield Broward Mall Food Court which was covered by the Miami Herald.
Would someone please tell these youngsters to grow up?
And please don’t show this to their kids. We don’t want them to know how much fun they’re having.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.14Global Response Hiring Over 1,000 Customer Service Reps at Job Fair
- Events2019.10.11Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac October 19
- Events2019.10.09BSO Holds Huge Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2019.10.09Registration Open for the Popular Tamarac Turkey Trot