By Jim Saunders
After setting a record of $4.89 on June 13, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Florida has dropped during the past two weeks and was at $4.67 on Monday, according to the AAA auto club.
AAA pointed to decreases in crude-oil and gasoline-futures prices amid concerns about the broader economy.
“Gas prices are moving in a favorable direction, as millions of Americans prepare to embark on an Independence Day road trip,” AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins said in a prepared statement. “Despite the recent declines, gas prices are still likely to be the highest for this holiday in history.”
The average price a year ago in Florida was $2.94 a gallon. The most expensive gas in Florida is in the West Palm Beach, Gainesville, and Naples areas, while the least expensive is in the Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola and Panama City areas, according to AAA.
Lowest Prices around Parkland – reported on June 27, 2022.
$4.65 7-Eleven 7901 W Commercial Blvd & NW 79th Ave
$4.69 Marathon 8291 N University Dr & NW 83rd St
$4.73 Speedway 8550 N University Dr & Southgate Blvd
$4.79 Shell 7000 N University Dr & W McNab Rd
$4.89 Chevron 7705 N Pine Island Rd & NW 77th St
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Florida News Service is the largest legislative news team in the state, providing provide gavel-to-gavel coverage of House and Senate sessions and more.
- NewsDecember 15, 2022Legislation Proposed By DeSantis Would Save Some Commuters $550 a Year in Tolls
- NewsDecember 7, 2022Brace Yourself for Higher Electric Bills in 2023
- NewsDecember 5, 2022Gas Prices Continue to Drop: Here is The Lowest in Tamarac
- NewsAugust 15, 2022Judge Backs Broward County School Board’s Firing of Teacher in Mask Dispute