By: Sharon Aron Baron
Gov. Ron DeSantis announced on Wednesday that he is increasing the base salary of Florida’s K-12 classroom teachers to $47,500.
This increase in teacher pay puts Florida among the best states in the nation for minimum teacher pay after Governor Ron DeSantis signed HB House Bill 641 which will include the $500 million program.
“Great teachers are what our students need as they re-enter the classroom in the fall, and that’s why this remained a major priority in our budget,” said Gov DeSantis.
He made the announcement on Wednesday at Mater Academy in Hialeah.
Florida was previously 26th in the nation for teacher pay, and this announcement puts the state in the top five — a 20 spot jump in one year.
“COVID-19 has interrupted our students’ and teachers’ academic year in unprecedented ways,” he said. “Our teachers stepped up and found ways to keep our students learning and engaged these last few months to ensure students continued to receive the best education in the nation.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family