By: Sharon Aron Baron
Gov. Ron DeSantis announced on Wednesday that he is increasing the base salary of Florida’s K-12 classroom teachers to $47,500.
This increase in teacher pay puts Florida among the best states in the nation for minimum teacher pay after Governor Ron DeSantis signed HB House Bill 641 which will include the $500 million program.
“Great teachers are what our students need as they re-enter the classroom in the fall, and that’s why this remained a major priority in our budget,” said Gov DeSantis.
He made the announcement on Wednesday at Mater Academy in Hialeah.
Florida was previously 26th in the nation for teacher pay, and this announcement puts the state in the top five — a 20 spot jump in one year.
“COVID-19 has interrupted our students’ and teachers’ academic year in unprecedented ways,” he said. “Our teachers stepped up and found ways to keep our students learning and engaged these last few months to ensure students continued to receive the best education in the nation.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.13Fallen Soldiers Honored at Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony
- News2021.05.12Commission Votes Against $50,000 Leaked Memo Investigation, Hires New City Attorney
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press