By Selene Raj
With the next phases of reopening as COVID-19 cases surge, Tamarac Mayor Michelle Gomez will join other elected officials in discussing what’s next for the city.
Representative Anika T. Omphroy of House District 95 hosts the virtual town hall, which will also include Lauderdale Lakes Mayor Hazelle P. Rogers, Plantation Mayor Lynn Stoner, and North Lauderdale Mayor Ana M. Ziade.
The officials will discuss concerns related to COVID-19 and how to navigate those issues when reopening their cities, as well as which resources will be available to residents.
Recently, the City of Tamarac announced a new relief program to grant residents relief– which could give some residents up to $5,000 worth of grants towards rent, mortgage, and utility payments.
The town hall can be viewed on Friday, June 26 at 6:00 p.m. on Representative Omphroy’s Facebook page.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.02.09Tamarac to Receive 79 Additional Bus Shelters and Amenities