By: Sharon Aron Baron
Grammy Award winner and Latin music icon Willy Chirino will be making an appearance in Tamarac signing autographs and discussing how he maintains an active and positive lifestyle in a Meet & Greet on April 18.
Chirino, a youthful looking 70 years-old, was born in 1947 in Consolación del Sur, Cuba. He came to the United States via “Operation Peter Pan” in 1960. Chirino began his artistic career in Miami, releasing his first album in 1974. Since then, he has recorded over 20 albums, several of which have attained platinum and gold status. In 2006, his album “Son del Alma”, won a Grammy for Best Salsa/Merengue Album.
As founder of the Willy Chirino Foundation, his philanthropic efforts have been recognized by UNICEF and the Department of State. In 2014, Chirino received a Latin Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in Las Vegas for his music career.
Hosted by health and well-being company Humana Inc., attendees can learn how to make a refreshing pineapple salsa prior to Chirino’s visit.
The event will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 from 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. From 11:30 a.m. is the Pineapple Salsa Demo. At 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. is the Meet & Greet with Willy Chirino. These events are free and open to the public. Please call 954-724-1540 for more information or to RSVP.
Humana is located at the Kings Point Shopping Center 7666 Nob Hill Road Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.04.06COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health April 6
- News2020.04.05COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health April 5
- News2020.04.04COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health April 4
- News2020.04.04Tamarac Restaurants Offering Curbside and Delivery to Feed Hungry Residents