By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready for more space in the garage because, in December, residents can safely dispose of all types of household hazardous materials that they’ve meant throw out but haven’t had a chance.
The cities of Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Parkland, and Tamarac have established a cooperative agreement that allows residents several opportunities to dispose of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
Tamarac’s drop-off will be held on Saturday, December 5, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents may drop off these items: Aerosol products, Ammonia, Ammunition, Antifreeze, Auto fluids, Auto batteries, Boat batteries, Boat fluids, Charcoal starter, Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), Drain cleaners, Fertilizer, Fire extinguishers, Fireworks, Flares, Fluorescent tubes, Gasoline, Herbicides, Household cleansers, Insecticide, Kerosene, Lawn chemicals, Lighter fluid, Mercury thermometers, Motor oil, Nail polish & remover, Paint, Pesticides, Photo chemicals, Pool chemicals, Propane tanks, Rechargeable batteries, Rust remover, Solvents, Spot remover, Tires (limit 4), Turpentine, Weedkiller, Wood stain, and Wood stripper.
Also included are answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, and wires.
The following are not accepted: business and government-generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves, and appliances.
Tamarac’s December’s drop-off is at 6011 Nob Hill Road.
You will not need to leave your car. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from your vehicle.
Remember, you may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County