By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you have recently purchased a home and would like to file Homestead, or other exemptions, you don’t have to drive far: the Broward County Property Appraisers office will come to you through their community outreach program.
Each month, their offices visit cities around Broward County where staff helps residents file for their Homestead, Senior and other exemptions, as well as answer property assessment questions.
Originally created by former Property Appraiser Lori Parrish, newly elected appraiser Marty Kiar has been working on expanding it. Since last January, their offices have attended hundreds of events, as well as created monthly standing events.
According to Kiar, their outreach staff has attended 337 events since the beginning of the year in which 15,754 people had issues address by staff and 2,574 exemptions were taken.
“We take homestead exemptions, give many other exemptions, such as low income senior exemptions, veterans exemptions and help folks with portability and provide lots of information to our residents,” said Kiar. “It’s my goal to make sure that every Broward County resident entitled to a tax saving exemption gets the exemptions they are entitled to under the law.”
Residents in Tamarac who want to make sure they are getting exemptions, need to visit the Tamarac Community Center on Tuesday, June 27 and July 25 from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
If you are filing for a Homestead Exemption, make sure you bring your Florida Driver’s License or ID, Broward County Voter’s Registration OR a Declaration of Domicile; AND Social Security numbers for all owners.
For more information contact the outreach department at 954-357-5579.
The Tamarac Community Center is located at 8601 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale