By: Chris Brunner
A pedestrian died last Saturday after being struck by a passing motorist on North State Road 7.
Jaime Guzman-Bartolo, 40, of North Lauderdale was crossing the 5200 block of North State Road 7 from west to east in the middle of the block when Hendson Merlien, 36, of Tamarac was driving his Ford F-150 northbound in the left thru lane when he struck Guzman-Bartolo with the driver’s side front bumper.
Merlien immediately came to a stop and remained on scene during the investigation.
Guzman-Bartolo was airlifted to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives continue their investigation.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 beginning back in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.07.03State Attorney Charges Deputies After Tamarac Takedown
- Events2019.06.28Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- Events2019.06.10Register Now for the 4th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament