By Agrippina Fadel
Alamod Hookah Lounge and Tapas Restaurant, with their Mediterranean-inspired menu, hope to bring an upscale lounge feel to Tamarac.
Tamarac Planning Board approved the special exception application for the business at the November 2 meeting. The company still needs official approval from the city commission.
Located in the Mural Plaza at 6520 North University Drive, the establishment is 2,000 square feet with 29 seats, a small bar area, couch seating areas for small groups, and decorative grass walls with custom neon signs. The future business neighbors include a Tamarac Senior Center, Midnight Cookies and Cream store, and Kava Lounge.
Attorney William Dilley representing Mural TML, LLC, said the establishment uses unique architectural details and modern design elements and plans to be open in the evenings from 5 p.m. till 2 a.m. and serve Sunday brunch.
“Our goal is to cater to Tamarac’s increasingly diverse population, and we want to bring the timeless tradition of hookah to the city,” Dilly said, adding that the owners hope to eventually host charity and business networking events for the local community.
Dilly said the project’s visionary is Kerby Eugene, a Haitian immigrant, former college track star, entrepreneur, business mentor, and philanthropist. He hopes Alamod Hookah Lounge would provide an “upscale environment for the young rising stars of the local business community to relax and unwind with a feel not often found outside of major urban centers.”
The company will seek the city commission’s approval of a Special Exception to allow for the use of a Bar, Lounge, or Tavern in the Mixed-Use Neighborhood zoning district at one of the following meetings.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.28Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Prepares for Annual Passover Seder
- News2023.03.28Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.28Ticket Alert: Letraia Savage brings her Divas of Soul Show to Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.27Local Poet Rebecca Vaughns Hosts Tamarac’s First Annual Spoken Word Competition