By: Saraana Jamraj
Citizens in Tamarac and around the country will begin receiving their invitations to respond to the 2020 Census between March 12 and 20, and are urged to complete them as soon as possible.
After opening the official Census Bureau mailings, they can respond through paper mail, the phone, or online using their 12-digit Census ID.
Public officials emphasize the importance of everyone being counted. Children under five, for example, are one of the most undercounted groups, so, they want to remind everyone to count all people living or staying in the house, including the youngest members.
People who live permanently elsewhere, such as in college, nursing homes, or the Armed Forces should not be counted.
Don’t feel like responding? Expect a personal visit from a Census taker who will personally visit your home to make sure everyone is counted.
The census is important because, for the next decade, results determine new legislative districts and congressional representation, as well as the distribution of billions in federal funding each year.
To fill out the census online after receiving a 12-digit Census ID, visit the official website.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover