By: Matt Rothman
JPT broke the game open in the fifth as they scored nine runs in their dominant victory. Brandon Metiver was on the mound for the Trojans and was handed a 1-0 lead early as Matt Rubin scored on an error. The game was then delayed due to rain, but Western tied it up in the fourth after it resumed.
However, with the bases loaded, Chris Scinta reached on an error which brought in a pair of runs. Vincent Samuel immediately doubled right after to make it 5-1, and JPT added five more runs on RBI hits from Luis Rodriguez, Jassiel Valbuena, Edgar Marquez, E.J. Burns, and Rubin.
Colby Lipovsky was the winning pitcher as Metiver lasted four innings, striking out five. Lipovsky allowed one run and recorded five outs before Dalton Juden finished the sixth. Burns then came in and pitched the seventh to close the game out.
The win for the Trojans was their 19th of the season and fourth so far in the playoffs. They will face Christopher Columbus High School on the road on Saturday, May 15th, at 4 p.m. The Explores came in with a record of 26-4 and won their last game 5-3.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent