By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella baseball team continues their winning streak after defeating Cardinal Gibbons High School 5-3 Tuesday night.
Head Coach Joe Giummule was happy to earn the victory but felt his team was not at its best.
“Good teams find a way to win ugly games, so I’m happy we found a way to win tonight,” Giummule said.
The one part of the game he was happy about was the pitching. Dalton Juden got the start on the mound and pitched 3.1 innings allowing only one earned run.
Brandon Metiver came in for relief in the fourth inning and recorded 11 outs, with five of them coming via the punchout. He also earned his second win of the season in his fourth game and still has yet to allow a run.
It wasn’t the cleanest of defensive games as each team made four errors. The one RBI came from Tony Sanders. Leadoff hitter E.J. Burns had a hit, stole two bases, and scored two runs, while Luis Rodriguez, Matt Rubin, and Chris Scinta had the other three hits for the Trojans.
The win was their fifth win of the season in seven games, as they will now shift their attention to Nova High School at home on Thursday, March 11, at 7 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.304 TS Aquatics Swimmers Make College Choice: Set to Host Summer Camp
- News2023.05.239 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Reach Podium at States
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball and Track and Field Make Runs in Regionals
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Soccer Star Zachary Zub Makes College Pick