By: Matt Rothman
Despite dropping their first two games coming out of the holiday break, the J.P. Taravella boys soccer team picked up a win over Piper High School on Thursday.
The Trojans improved 5-8-1 with their 6-1 win. Offensively, Kenan Molme and Nate Pyenas each scored a pair of goals, while Andre Miller and Lucas Rosada both had one.
“I was proud of the consistency of play and the effort they played with, said Head Coach Terrance McCorvey. “I am proud of the team after a tough week to get a good win.”
JPT dropped four of their past five games, including losses against Cypress Bay and Coral Springs High School. However, they have only allowed two goals all seasons in games they have won, defeating Coconut Creek, Hallandale, Hollywood Hills, and Miramar High School.
Next, the Trojans will play their lone game next week against Monday, January 10 at 7:00 p.m.against Pompano Beach High School. The Golden Tornados are currently 7-2-3 and have not lost in their past seven games.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.17J.P. Taravella Track and Field Wins 4 Events in Walter Dix Relays
- News2023.03.11J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins 5th Straight Game Friday Night
- News2023.02.25J.P. Taravella Softball Kicks-Off 2023 Season with a Win
- News2023.01.31J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Advances to District Championship Game