By: Matt Rothman
Despite dropping their first two games coming out of the holiday break, the J.P. Taravella boys soccer team picked up a win over Piper High School on Thursday.
The Trojans improved 5-8-1 with their 6-1 win. Offensively, Kenan Molme and Nate Pyenas each scored a pair of goals, while Andre Miller and Lucas Rosada both had one.
“I was proud of the consistency of play and the effort they played with, said Head Coach Terrance McCorvey. “I am proud of the team after a tough week to get a good win.”
JPT dropped four of their past five games, including losses against Cypress Bay and Coral Springs High School. However, they have only allowed two goals all seasons in games they have won, defeating Coconut Creek, Hallandale, Hollywood Hills, and Miramar High School.
Next, the Trojans will play their lone game next week against Monday, January 10 at 7:00 p.m.against Pompano Beach High School. The Golden Tornados are currently 7-2-3 and have not lost in their past seven games.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.11.15Sergio Mosquera Wins 1st Game as J.P. Taravella High School Boys Soccer Head Coach
- News2022.11.01Millennium Middle School Golf Competes in MSAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Boys Swimming Places Fourth in BCAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Athletics Recognize Seniors Before 2 Matches