By: Matt Rothman
In their final game of 2021, the J.P. Taravella boys soccer team earned a critical 2-0 win over Miramar High School.
With the Dec. 15 victory, the Trojans moved to 4-6-1 after picking up wins over Coconut Creek, Hallandale, Hollywood Hills High School. They also outscored their opponents 11-1 in those three games and settled for a 2-2 draw against Northeast High School.
The Trojans have scored 20 goals this season, receiving eight from junior Kenan Malme and three from Nate Pyenas. One point from Matthew Lucien, Zachary Zub, Kevin Nunes, Adrian Astudillo, Sebastian Gonzalez, Leos Kennedy, Andre Mills, Felipe Orzco, and Lucas Rosanda.
Next, JPT will play Cypress Bay High School on Jan. 5, in their first game after winter break. The Trojans also are scheduled to play Pompano Beach, South Plantation, Western, and Planation High before the District Tournament.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.01.25J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.21J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Hosts Senior Night on Thursday
- News2022.01.21Seniors Lead J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer into the Playoffs
- News2022.01.14J.P. Taravella’s Boys and Girls Soccer Teams Earn Commanding Wins