By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella girls flag football team earned their first victory of the season Tuesday night after defeating Coral Glades 12-6.
The Trojans defense played exceptionally well, allowing only six points, and intercepted a pass for their first touchdown this season. It came from Adamarie Cruz for 50 yards. JPT also had an offensive touchdown later in the game from T’Nishe McCloud before giving up a late score.
For Head Coach Scott Goodman, it was great to see the girls that have been participating all year get a win in this crazy season with such a small group.
So far this year, JPT has played Piper, Nova, Coral Springs, and Western High School before they were finally able to earn a win in their fifth game.
Up next, the Trojans will play flag football against Pompano Beach High School, which comes in with a 4-4 record on Monday, April 12 at 4:30 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.13J.P. Taravella Baseball Scores 9 Runs in 5th Inning to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.04.30J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins 1st District Championship in 13 Years
- News2021.04.26J.P. Taravella Boys Volleyball Advances to District Final