By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella boys and girls track team did exceptionally well in their last meet at Boyd. H Anderson High School, winning three events on Thursday.
The boys had had two first-place finishes with Ky-Juan Higgins in the 400 meters and Elijah Rowe in the long jump. Rowe also finished second in the 200 meters and third in the 100 meters.
Other notable performances came from Corey Tate. He placed second in the 300 hurdles with a school record, while D’Angelo Bridges came in third in the 1600 meters.
Mark Trana competed in the shot put and finished in third and fourth in the discus. The Trojans also saw Cameron Tomlinson and Tate pick up fourth-place finishes. Tyler James and Phillip Rayford came in fifth in their respective events.
For the girls, Inaya Hamilton placed first in the 1600 meters, followed by teammate Lauren Caggiano in second.
Jade Brown continued her incredible season, finishing third in the 200 meters. Kyla Eady also picked up third place in the 100 hurdles and fifth in the 300 hurdles, with Allisa Lee finishing one spot higher in fourth place.
Saje Newton and Neveah Maye earned fifth-place finishes as well in the meet.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Jack Sinclair Promoted to Rochester Wings’ Triple-A
- NewsSeptember 26, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Baseball Stars Lopez and Rivera Commit to Florida Division I Programs
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023J.P. Taravella Girls Volleyball Off to Best Start in 11 Years
- NewsSeptember 12, 2023J.P. Taravella’s Javi Miranda Commits to Join 3 Former Teammates in College