By Agrippina Fadel
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held on Aug. 18 for KC’s Wing House & Sports Lounge, where the owner hopes to become the neighborhood hangout spot, with pool tables, entertainment, and a diverse menu.
North Lauderdale elected officials attending included Mayor Ana Ziade, Vice Mayor Samson Borgelin, and Commissioners Lorenzo Wood and Mario Bustamante
Peter Mason, Executive Director of the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, said the ribbon cutting was a great event, but the real support starts now. “Please buy local where you live and keep small businesses alive in our cities.”
The 7500-square feet restaurant opened in April and quickly amassed a loyal following of local diners. Owner Kevin Campbell said the Jerk Chicken Pasta is a big seller, with Philly Cheesesteak coming in as the close second.
The menu combines traditional American and Jamaican cuisines, with conch, oxtail, and jerk pork dishes mixed with loaded potato skins, steamed snapper, and New York Strip Steak.
“Our wings are exceptional, well-seasoned with Jamaican spices, and marinated for 24 hours. We have over a dozen flavors, and our customers are already saying that KC’s has “the best wings in town,” Campbell added.
He said the joint seats 200 people and is a great place for community events and parties: “We have two pool tables, shuffleboard and darts, and a full bar. The entertainment includes karaoke on some nights, live music, and a DJ.”
Campbell owns another KC’s Wings in Glenwood Springs, CO, and says opening a restaurant in North Lauderdale has been a challenging but exciting experience.
“There are not a lot of places in the area that have this welcoming atmosphere that entices people to stick around, hang out with their friends and family. There are a lot of spots that do the most business with take-out,” he said.
KC’s Wing House & Sports Lounge, located at 7700 W McNab Rd, North Lauderdale, is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday to Sunday.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee