By Selene Raj
A 19-year-old male motorist was killed during a car accident on the Florida Turnpike late Monday night.
At approximately 11:03 p.m., October 19, south of Commerical Boulevard, the teenager in a sedan was traveling southbound on the turnpike, in the outside center lane.
An independent witness reported that the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed, then abruptly veered to the left towards the inside shoulder.
The vehicle’s left side struck the inside shoulder of the concrete wall barrier, and the impact caused the vehicle to redirect to the right, traveling across all lanes of the southbound turnpike—subsequently overturning and striking a guardrail.
Upon overturning, the driver was ejected from the vehicle and landed on the outside paved shoulder, under the guard rail.
The driver, a Davie resident, was pronounced deceased on the scene, having succumbed to injuries caused by the crash.
His next of kin was notified.
The cause is still pending investigation.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac