By Sharon Aron Baron
A Lauderhill man is dead after a Saturday morning crash in North Lauderdale.
At approximately 2:20 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 30, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a call regarding a crash involving two vehicles in the 5300 block of North State Road 7 in North Lauderdale.
A preliminary investigation reveals that a 1994 GMC Safari van, driven by Dwayne Toomer, 57, of Lauderhill, was traveling northbound on North State Road 7 when he entered the designated left turn lane at Lakeside Drive.
As Toomer made a turn, he entered into the path of a 2016 Mercedes driven by Sheldon Milwood, 32, of Miramar, who was traveling southbound on North State Road 7. The Mercedes struck the GMC Safari in a T-bone style collision.
Destiny Ross, 20, of Oakland Park, a passenger in Toomer’s van, was ejected from the vehicle.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the crash scene and transported all three people involved in the crash to an area hospital.
Toomer was pronounced deceased at the hospital.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family