By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Lauderhill woman becomes the second person arrested for the murder of a Margate man.
On a warrant issued by the US Marshals task force, Kizzie Thomas, 20, of Lauderhill was arrested on February 19. She is facing one count of murder in the first degree in the killing of Dean Hyatt, 20, of Margate.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, around 4:30 a.m. on August. 4, 2018, Regional Communications received a call about an unresponsive man in the parking lot of Caravel Arms Apartments, 4844 N.W. 24th Court in Lauderdale Lakes. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the location and found Hyatt with multiple gunshot wounds. Hyatt was pronounced dead at the scene.
On Aug. 10 BSO homicide detectives arrested Richard Cunningham II, 19, of Fort Lauderdale in the fatal shooting of Hyatt. He faces one count of premeditated murder.
Both Thomas and Cunningham are being held without bond.
The homicide investigation continues. Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Homicide Det. Mike Roque at 954-321-4200. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup