By Agrippina Fadel
A free fitness event, “Let’s Move Tamarac,” offers residents a chance to work out, have a health screening and spend an active morning with friends and family.
Mayor Michelle Gomez teamed up with CareMax Healthcare to host the community wellness event on Saturday, April 23, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Waters Edge Park.
A fun day of fitness includes a morning warm-up with Wendy from PinkBerry Boost, followed by a health walk around the trail, a Zumba class led by fitness instructor Maria, and a cool-down session with Justin from Bod Mod.
With various outdoor games and activities keeping the kids occupied, DJ Raul Vargas will spin some records, and Joe Snow Quality Ice and Street Treatz food trucks will provide sweets for purchase.
OneBlood’s Big Red Bus will host a blood donation station from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and give donors $20 electronic gift cards. To make an appointment, click here. The CareMax Vitals mobile van will be onsite, providing free vision, hearing, heart, and lung screenings.
Event parking is located across the street from the park at St. Malachy Catholic Church, 2600 N. University Dr.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor
- News2023.06.04Ticket Alert: Don’t Miss Biana Pinchuk and Don Stansfield Double Show in Tamarac
- News2023.06.04Tamarac Honors Juneteenth: Join A Community Celebration of Freedom