By Agrippina Fadel
A free fitness event, “Let’s Move Tamarac,” offers residents a chance to work out, have a health screening and spend an active morning with friends and family.
Mayor Michelle Gomez teamed up with CareMax Healthcare to host the community wellness event on Saturday, April 23, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Waters Edge Park.
A fun day of fitness includes a morning warm-up with Wendy from PinkBerry Boost, followed by a health walk around the trail, a Zumba class led by fitness instructor Maria, and a cool-down session with Justin from Bod Mod.
OneBlood’s Big Red Bus will host a blood donation station from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and give donors $20 electronic gift cards. To make an appointment, click here. The CareMax Vitals mobile van will be onsite, providing free vision, hearing, heart, and lung screenings.
Event parking is located across the street from the park at St. Malachy Catholic Church, 2600 N. University Dr.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee