By Sharon Aron Baron
Lucky drivers received a free tank of gas courtesy of a small but giving church organization’s “Gas on God” promotion.
On May 7, the members of Lauderhill’s House of Love Ministries were at Marathon Gas at 6400 W. Commercial Blvd giving out $2,000 in free gas to drivers.
“This is one of the many ways we connect to our community through outreach and to be that ray of sunshine during challenging times,” said Mattathias (Matt) Johnson, senior pastor, and president.
The average price of regular gas in Boward County is $4.37 a gallon, and thanks to the church, they were able to fill over 130 vehicles.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes