By Agrippina Fadel
Sherlock is a mellow fellow that enjoys car rides and loves the beach. If he could talk, he would say it is “Elementary!” that he is a perfect dog to adopt.
According to Broward County Animal Care, this brown American Staffordshire Terrier mix is about eight years old and weighs 72 pounds. Sherlock doesn’t shed too much and is a perfect cuddle buddy. He has been at the shelter since January.
This pup loves spending time with people and eagerly performs for treats. He enjoys long walks and is friendly with other dogs.
Sherlock is one of the shelter’s Senior Paws pets, so all his food, supplies, and vaccines are paid for the rest of his life.
Like many other large dogs at the Broward Animal Care and Adoption Center, Sherlock needs a kennel break. The shelter is running 20 dogs over capacity and needs the public to come out and adopt or foster pets.
To adopt Sherlock (A2178642), foster, or take a dog out for lunch, email the shelter at email@example.com. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Got News in Tamarac, North Lauderdale, and Lauderhill? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo