By Sharon Aron Baron
A man has been arrested in connection with the fire at the Tamarac Dollar Store back in July.
On Wednesday, Aug, 26, Broward Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Unit arrested Walking Delice, 41, of Pompano Beach. 26, on charges related to arson.
Shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday, July 12, a fire at the Family Dollar store located at 3150 W. Commercial Blvd was reported. When BSO deputies arrived, they learned that a male subject, later identified as Delice, had entered the business and intentionally set the fire.
Tamarac Fire Rescue and multiple other fire departments, including the Broward Sheriff’s Fire Rescue, were dispatched to tackle the flames. Through an integrated response, the agencies were able to extinguish the fire successfully. No injuries were reported.
BSO violent crimes detectives and the State Fire Marshal Office also responded to the scene to investigate.
Through proactive investigative methods, Delice was later identified, located, and arrested.
Detectives say Delice confessed to the crime and faces one count of arson of an occupied structure in the first degree and two counts of arson (structure) in the second degree. His bond was set for $100,000.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year