By Hank McCoy
A man was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and battery after he allegedly struck his fiancee and her roommate.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, on June 3, Stephen Pace, 37, of Tamarac arrived home intoxicated and an argument ensued between himself and his fiancee. Pace went into their bedroom, retrieved a sword, then came after her.
His fiancee screamed in fear for herself and was able to shut him inside a room. She and her roommate held onto the doorknob in an attempt to keep the door closed for their safety.
According to the report, Pace was able to get out of the room and approach the two women. One of them grabbed Pace to restrain him. However, he was able to free himself from her grip and grabbed one of the victims by the face. She claimed she was afraid he was going to gouge out her eyes, so she began to punch him.
He eventually got off the victim and moved into another area of the house.
While BSO was en-route to the incident, the caller stated Pace advised her he would go after the police with his sword.
Upon arrival, deputies set up a perimeter, Pace then opened the door to the residence, walked outside, and was placed in handcuffs while they searched him for weapons.
Tamarac Fire Rescue arrived and assessed one of the victims as she was having a respiratory issue/panic attack and transported her to Memorial Regional Hospital. Pace refused to cooperate with BSO and wouldn’t give a statement.
He was charged with aggravated assault and battery and transported to the main jail for processing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank's Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn't throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe and worked on a new fantasy series. Hank digs music, comic books, history, and politics.
- News2020.08.02Man Arrested for Burglary After Being ID’d with Stolen Sunglasses
- News2020.07.08Uber Eats Driver Arrested After Throwing Drink in the Face of Restaurant Manager
- News2020.06.23Tamarac Man Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting Victims with a Sword
- News2020.06.22Tamarac Man Allegedly Chokes Girlfriend For Waking Him Up, Blames Dog for her Injuries