By Kevin Deutsch
A man has been charged in the shooting of two people in Tamarac Saturday, authorities said.
Basil Nelson, 30, was arrested Saturday after the shooting on Hampton Hills Boulevard, during which Nelson fired at a building and struck the two victims, according to arrest records.
The victims were rushed to a local hospital. Their conditions were not available Sunday.
Records show Nelson is charged with two counts of attempted felony murder and one count of firing into a dwelling or building.
He was being held without bond Sunday at the Broward County Main Jail.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims