By Kevin Deutsch
Gunshots were fired on a busy block in Tamarac in broad daylight Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
At around 11:27 a.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office Tamarac District deputies responded to a shots fired call near the 8000 block of Northwest 78th Street,
Once on scene, deputies learned that an altercation between two adult males had escalated and that shots were fired, according to BSO.
Deputies made contact with the man who opened fire, officials said. It was not immediately clear whether he was arrested.
The other man involved in the altercation drove himself to a local hospital with injuries listed as not life-threatening, officials said. BSO officials did not say whether the man had been shot.
BSO Violent Crimes detectives were investigating this incident Wednesday, according to the agency.
Additional information about the shooting was not made public.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims