By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is hosting the Mayors’ Chess Challenge on Saturday. This free event is part of a countywide initiative by local mayors to highlight the benefits of chess for children.
Each year, several hundred players fill the Tamarac Community Center, and now with the increased popularity of chess in schools, there maybe even more.
Created by Sunrise Mayor Mike Ryan in 2014 to highlight the benefits of chess in an academic environment, each month during the school year, the challenge rotates to different Broward County cities.
Join Mayor Michelle Gomez on Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 10 a.m. to noon; everyone is welcome to attend with no advance registration. Meet local mayors and commissioners from neighboring cities.
The Tamarac Community Center at 8601 West Commercial Boulevard. Map it.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.27City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Hurricane Ian
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour