By Agrippina Fadel
Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac starts a four-part course on the “absurdity of antisemitism” and how to beat it with purpose, positivity, and pride.
Outsmarting Antisemitism is a college-accredited course starting on November 2 and running each Tuesday for a month, online and in person.
The course was created by Rohr Jewish Learning Institute, located in Brooklyn, NY, using history, Talmudic sources, Jewish mysticism, and contemporary expert analysis to address some of the Jewish community’s questions.
Rabbi Kopel Silberberg of Chabad Jewish Center said the uptick of antisemitic incidents both locally and around the world makes people feel anxious about what it means to be Jewish and about displaying their Judaism.
“Hopefully, the course will help us see how we can, in this day and age, reduce antisemitism and confront it in a positive way,” he said.
Rabbi Silberberg said that similar courses on antisemitism focus on combating the issue in the media and dealing with the statistics, which can create a lot of anxiety.
“We want to talk about how a Jew can live proudly in the 21st century. How can we ensure that the youth of our generation can take their Judaism and be confident in their identity and live without fear,” he said.
The course is designed for all levels of knowledge, including those without any prior experience or background in Jewish learning. It is open to the public, and attendees don’t have to be affiliated with a particular synagogue, temple, or other houses of worship.
Held on Tuesdays from Nov. 2 – Nov. 23, from 7.30 pm. to 9 pm., the course is $65 for one person and $110 for a couple and comes with a textbook. Learn more and register on the Chabad Jewish Center page.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.02.08Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Holds After-Hours Mixer Feb. 16
- News2023.02.08Hot Rods, Robocars, and Rock N’ Roll: Don’t Miss the Annual Car Show and Concert
- News2023.02.07Ticket Alert: Frankie Valli and Four Seasons Tribute Band Plays at the Kings Point Palace
- News2023.02.07Captain Michael Boyhan Named Tamarac Firefighter of the Year