By: Sharon Aron Baron
JP Taravella High School has a new principal after Shawn Cerra was named the new Director of Athletics for Broward Schools last spring.
Dr. Jason Nault, who started on Tuesday, made his way to South Florida from Chicago, Illinois. Originally from Wisconsin, he grew up in a town so small, it was one-third the size of Taravella High School.
“I’m very excited to join Broward County Public Schools and begin my journey as the principal of JP Taravella High School,” said Nault. “I welcome the opportunity to continue the longstanding “Tradition of Excellence” that our school community has developed over the past 35 years.”
Nault has spent the past 11 years with Chicago Public Schools in a variety of roles: Over five years have been as a school principal, three years as an assistant principal, two years as a dean of students and five years as a teacher.
“I have a strong commitment to urban students and understand the challenges that come with preparing 21st century youth for both college and career,” he said.
Having a solid understanding of the challenges that large districts face along with strong leadership is pivotal for long-term school success. He firmly believes in harnessing the power of adults to maximize student outcomes.
“This entails empowering people to utilize their strengths effectively, while also developing their capacity to improve their practice along the way,” said Nault. “I have a proven record of establishing strong working relationships with all stakeholders and look forward to collaborating with the entire school community.”
Nault holds a Bachelor of Science with the University of Wisconsin, a Masters of Education from the University of Illinois and a Doctorate of Education from the University of Illinois.
Nault’s wife will also be working for Broward County Public Schools as a middle school guidance director. They both have a two year-old son, who he said is eager to spend some time at the beach.
“We are excited to be in a climate that will afford us the opportunity to explore different activities year round and are both eager to engross ourselves into the Coral Springs community and surrounding areas.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments