By Sharon Aron Baron
An off-duty Miami-Dade Police Department officer who made suicidal threats was airlifted to a hospital on Sunday, according to officials.
Dispatchers received a call at approximately 6:40 p.m. regarding the individual in the 6800 block of Commercial Blvd in Tamarac.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived on the scene, and a preliminary investigation revealed that an off-duty Miami-Dade Police Department officer attempted suicide. Miami-Dade Police were in contact with the individual, as well as a negotiator, according to BSO.
The individual was airlifted to a nearby hospital. No other details have been released at this time.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County