By Sharon Aron Baron
An off-duty Miami-Dade Police Department officer who made suicidal threats was airlifted to a hospital on Sunday, according to officials.
Dispatchers received a call at approximately 6:40 p.m. regarding the individual in the 6800 block of Commercial Blvd in Tamarac.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived on the scene, and a preliminary investigation revealed that an off-duty Miami-Dade Police Department officer attempted suicide. Miami-Dade Police were in contact with the individual, as well as a negotiator, according to BSO.
The individual was airlifted to a nearby hospital. No other details have been released at this time.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.07BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2023.02.06Tragic Murder Mystery Solved: Two Suspects Arrested for Killing of Tamarac Resident
- News2023.02.06Apply Now for $1,200 Scholarships Offered to Florida College Students
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today