By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine was re-elected to four more years on Friday without a challenger.
Elected in 2016, Udine has spent the last 17 years advocating for Northwest Broward County first as a city commissioner, then mayor of Parkland, then as a county commissioner.
“My passion has always been to serve on a local level and interacting on a daily basis with my constituents, and I know everything that goes on in the city and county affects them,” he said.
Recruiting new businesses is vital to Udine, and he’s been active, bringing them to Broward. Before the pandemic, the county was ranked near the top in job growth.
“We’re working closely with the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, and I think there may be some announcement soon for businesses expanding and relocating,” he said.
As a graduate of J.P. Taravella High School in 1984, he was living in Woodmont Country Club in Tamarac before leaving for college and law school at the University of Florida.
After passing the Florida Bar, Udine began his professional career in the Commercial Litigation department at the Miami Office of White and Case, one of the largest law firms in the United States with offices throughout the world.
In 1991, he began working with his father at the law firm of Udine & Udine, focusing on insurance litigation, commercial collections, and real estate law where for the past 29 years, their offices have been located either in Tamarac or Coral Springs.
Udine lives in Parkland with his wife Stacey and their three children, David 23 Matt 22, and Lexi 20, who all attended Broward County Public Schools.
District 3 covers Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and parts of North Lauderdale.
“Broward is a unique, diverse, and progressive county, and I’m excited that the residents and voters have allowed me to continue serving them.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications