By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella bowling team has been off to a tremendous start this season, winning all 12 of their matches. Let’s take a look at how they compare with Coral Springs Charter, Coral Glades, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and Coral Springs High School.
J.P. Taravella boys bowling team have five players on their team, knocking down over 1,00o pins this season.
Zachary Kimbrell leads the way with 1,497, followed by Nicholas Jobe at 1,413 and Anthony Mountcastle at 1,331. JPT also has Jeremy Smith averaging 125 per round, along with Christopher Mahaffey at 158.
Coral Springs Charter
Coral Springs Charter bowling continued to build off a tremendous season in 2020. The CSC’s boy’s team is 12-0 while the girls are 10-2.
Tyler Harris has a high score of 249, one pin higher than teammate Dalton Mason, who recorded a 248. Derrick Lai has been having a solid season, averaging 174 per round, while Rashad Bhaiji and Ryan Ugalde have high series rounds over 200.
Alexis Diaz and Danielle Lucas have been the top bowlers for the Panthers for the girls. Diaz has knocked down 1,138 pins compared to Danielle Lucas at 1,105. Alexa Trejo is averaging a score of 100 this year in six rounds. Faith Tucker and Natalie Torres have combined for 1,048 pins this year.
The Coral Glades boys and girls team each have improved throughout the season. In their latest match on Tuesday, the team, led by Lane Brainard, had the top score of 546 after two rounds and a baker game. Jordan Fay finished second on the team with 421, and Sal Campo scored 348. Sebastian Gallo bowled three rounds and averaged 116, while Harjot Singh had a 94 and 97.
For the girls, Sydney Littman finished with 351 pins, with was 15 more pins than teammate Hailey Stein. Kaiden Littman bowled a 289, while Angelina Rizzuto bowled a 214. The Jaguars also had Blake Sands bowl a pair of 74’s.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas
This year, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas team has four wins and is led by Ryan Terpstra and Masen Purcell. They have combined to knock down 1,357 and 1,334 pins, respectively.
Third on the team is Vincent Ciullo at 1,257. Manahil Kashif and Kristina Lee have bowled six rounds, while Taylor Wilson had a one-round score 0f 146.
The Colts only have two players on their boy’s team, but they have seen each play well.
Tomas Cordero is the team leader, averaging 193 per round with a high score of 233. He has a total of 1,548 pins this year. Patricio Guillen has also been impressive, knocking down 902 pins.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced