By: Sharon Aron Baron
Holiday travelers and visitors to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport are in for a treat when they will hear music performed by over 1,400 Broward County Public Schools music and performing arts students at this year’s Winter Festival of Music.
The festival, now in its 28th year, takes place Monday, December 7 through Friday, December 11, 2015. Performances are scheduled each day from 9 a.m. – noon. Choirs, bands, ensembles and dancers from 30 elementary, middle and high schools will make holiday traveling more enjoyable for passengers during this busy holiday season. Students will perform throughout airport terminals in the baggage claim, ticket counter and rental car lobby areas.
This year, Tamarac Elementary School’s recorder ensemble will be performing on Monday, December 7, in Terminal One by the ticketing area and North Lauderdale Elementary’s Chorus will be performing in Terminal 2 Baggage Claim. On Tuesday, December 8, Discovery Elementary’s Chorus and Guitar will be performing by the the Terminal Four Baggage Claim. All performances will take place from from 9 a.m. to noon.
“We’re very proud of our longstanding partnership with the Broward County Aviation Department and the opportunity this annual event provides for our talented students and travelers alike,” said Joseph Luechauer, BCPS music and performing arts supervisor. “Passengers often join our students in singing and dancing, and even a few lucky ones are given the baton to become guest conductor.”
For a complete schedule of participating schools and performances, visit browardschools.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac