By: Sharon Aron Baron
A new Broward County ordinance is tightening business restrictions in the wake of increased COVID-19 cases.
Emergency Order 20-20 addresses who must wear facial coverings and when and where they must be worn, including all food service workers, members of the pubic obtaining any good or service, or visiting any business — including entering, eating and otherwise, moving around the establishment. This order also includes any persons in a common area of a multi-family housing development, residential facility, hallways, and elevators.
Masks do not apply to children under the ages of two and those with a medical condition which prevents them from wearing a mask.
The Order limits hours for restaurants and food establishments; expressly, no establishment will be permitted to serve alcohol or food for on-site consumption between the hours of Midnight and 5 a.m. Take out, delivery, drive-through, or pickup will still be permitted.
“This action is, unfortunately, necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19 cases. The safety of all residents and visitors to Broward County is utmost on our minds, and everyone must follow these requirements. We’re hopeful that these additional, responsible measures will add an extra layer of protection for our residents and visitors”, said Broward, Deputy County Administrator Monica Cepero.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are able, wash their hands often, observe social distancing, and wear a facial covering in public. Social distancing and facial coverings when in public areas are not only required in Broward County, they are critical to slowing the spread of COVID-19. This is especially important during the upcoming July 4th holiday weekend. You’re urged to limit social gatherings to 10 people or less, practice social distancing, wear facial coverings and wash your hands often.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County