By: Sharon Aron Baron
Additional images of the robber who swiped an iPad from a little boy in Tamarac have been released, and detectives are looking for tips that will help identify the suspect.
Surveillance video captured the robbery, which happened just before 7 p.m. July 24 inside the Grace Salon in Tamarac. The victim was watching cartoons on the tablet as he waited for his mom. The apparent teen-aged robber is seen on surveillance video pacing back and forth outside. Then he opened the front door and asked an employee if his mother was there. When the employee turned her head away to look, the teen snatched the iPad from the child’s hands and ran. Witnesses described the suspect as about 5-foot-6 with a thin build. His hair was shaved on the side with twists on top. He was wearing a purple T-shirt with INVS written across the front, beige, baggy shorts and black slides with socks. The 4-year-old victim, whose mother works at the salon, was not injured.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Sheriff’s Office Det. Mark Copley at (954) 321-4270 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13