Reggae Force Live performance.
By Agrippina Fadel
One Tamarac multicultural festival celebrates the many faces and voices that make up the city’s vibrant community.
The free event is set for Saturday, September 17, from 4 to 8 p.m., at the Tamarac Sports Complex. The festival features various cultural music and dance performances, educational exhibits, a children’s fun zone, food vendors, and fireworks.
Showcasing cultures from around the world, including Japan, Brazil, Columbia, the Middle East, and the Caribbean, the celebration includes a variety of exhibits and demonstrations teaching attendees about customs such as Irish dance and Henna tattoos.
On the second stage, Japanese Drumming by Fusho Daiko performs at 5 p.m., followed by Middle Eastern music and dance performances by Harmonic Motion at 5.30 p.m., Capoeira by Brazilian Carnival at 5.50 p.m., Afro-Cuban dance, and music by IFE-ILE at 6.20 p.m., and Puerta de Oro de Colombia Performance at 6.40 p.m.
The festival has a diverse lineup of eleven local food trucks and vendors, including Joe Snow Ice Cream, Fresh Flavor Fusion, One With Everything, Don Chingon Ceviche, Taco Burger, Frost Daiquiri, Lo’s Doughnuts, Sneaker Snacks, City Wings, Meat Headz BBQ, and Pizza Zilla.
Established in 2018, the One Tamarac Multicultural Festival was created to showcase the city’s diversity, inclusivity, and commitment to highlighting various identities within the community. In past years, the event attracted nearly 3,000 guests.
The parking is limited, and residents are encouraged to use continuous shuttle transportation from Tamarac City Hall at 7525 NW 88 Ave. and the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd. from 3:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and following the fireworks.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo