By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several hundred residents along with many Veterans were in attendance for this year’s annual Veteran’s Day Ceremony presented by the City of Tamarac.
The Taravella High School Concert Band, led by Director Michael Friedman once again provided the music, and the National Anthem was performed by Chantal Deshaies. The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Dominic Gray, Veterans Affairs Committee Chair, the invocation was given by Howard Sternberg with the Veterans Affairs Committee and the Massing of Colors was given by the Tamarac Fire Rescue Honor Guard.
Keynote speaker was Retired Lieutenant-Colonel David Harper. Harper joined the United States Air Force after graduating from Florida State University in 1968 where he served in various roles including Chief of Plans for Aeromedical Evacuation of wounded for Desert Storm. During his service he earned the Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, and the Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster.
Mayor Dressler and Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine gave speeches along with Vice Mayor Debra Placko and Commissioners Bolton, Fishman and Gomez.
Paul Kinney played “Amazing Grace” on his bagpipes and Robert Horwith with the Veterans Affairs Committee gave the benediction.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac
- NewsSeptember 12, 2023Lucky Lauderhill Lady Wins $1 Million Florida Lottery Scratch-off Prize