By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man killed one and seriously injured another before taking his own life on New Year’s Day in Tamarac. Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide detectives and Crime Scene investigators are working to uncover what triggered the violent rampage.
At 12:19 p.m. today, Tamarac deputies responded to reports of a shooting in the Bonaire community in Woodmont. The victim, Anne Nau, 21, had been shot multiple times by an ex-coworker, Clive Muir, 57, who had gained entry into her apartment.
After the shooting, Muir fled in the victim’s car and drove two miles to the Boston Market restaurant located at 5815 N. University Dr., where the victim was employed. Muir had been fired from the same restaurant in September of 2015.
The restaurant was open for business when Muir arrived and rushed towards the back office. Alerted to the presence of an armed man, a female employee tried to lock the door believing they were about to be robbed. She was unable to lock the door in time. Muir struggled with the employee and finally fought his way into the office.
Once inside, Muir shot Jason Claire, 33, twice inflicting life-threatening injuries. Muir then paused to look at the female employee who had tried to bar his way but did not fire. He fled the restaurant, got back into Anne Nau’s car and began to drive away. After only a brief moment Muir stopped the car in the Boston Market’s drive-thru lane, stepped out and shot himself. He was pronounced dead at 12:27 p.m. by deputies at the scene.
Claire, who had been working as a manager at the restaurant since November 2015, remained alive despite the seriousness of his wounds. He was transported as a trauma alert to Broward Heath Medical Center.
BSO Homicide detectives are investigating the killer’s motives for the crime as well as the relationships between him and his two victims.
This story will be updated as more information is available.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire