By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman praying at a church had her purse snatched from her and it was all caught on surveillance tape. Now police need your help in finding the culprit who faces charges of grand theft.
On December 20, around 1:30 p.m., the 84-year-old victim was praying at at Our Lady Queen of Heaven church in North Lauderdale when surveillance cameras captured an adult male walk in and sit on a chair against the back wall. He quickly scanned the small room and zeroed in on the victim who had placed her purse on the chair next to her. Initially, it appeared as if he had left the church. However, after a few seconds, he returned and carefully slid the purse off of the chair and rushed out. The victim noticed that someone had just taken her purse and walked out after him, but the suspect had fled.
Two days later, the lady’s purse was found at a nearby cemetery. Though her purse, phone, and house keys were recovered, her money, wallet and other valuables were missing.
Anyone who recognizes the man is asked to contact BSO Detective Alexander Briz at 954-722-5800 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications