By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman praying at a church had her purse snatched from her and it was all caught on surveillance tape. Now police need your help in finding the culprit who faces charges of grand theft.
On December 20, around 1:30 p.m., the 84-year-old victim was praying at at Our Lady Queen of Heaven church in North Lauderdale when surveillance cameras captured an adult male walk in and sit on a chair against the back wall. He quickly scanned the small room and zeroed in on the victim who had placed her purse on the chair next to her. Initially, it appeared as if he had left the church. However, after a few seconds, he returned and carefully slid the purse off of the chair and rushed out. The victim noticed that someone had just taken her purse and walked out after him, but the suspect had fled.
Two days later, the lady’s purse was found at a nearby cemetery. Though her purse, phone, and house keys were recovered, her money, wallet and other valuables were missing.
Anyone who recognizes the man is asked to contact BSO Detective Alexander Briz at 954-722-5800 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477). A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year