By: Sharon Aron Baron
JP Taravella drama students present Neil Simon’s Sweet Charity which features the music of Dorothy Fields and Cy Coleman. Premiering on Broadway in 1966, Sweet Charity was nominated for nine Tony Awards.
In 1969, the musical was adapted for the screen starring Shirley MacLaine and directed and choreographed by Bob Fosse.
Sweet Charity will be reviewed by student critics from the Cappies program as well as adjudicated for a performance at the Florida State Thespian Festival – the largest high school theatre festival in the world.
According to Theater Director Lori Sessions, the students at JP Taravella are working diligently, as they aspire to be selected for the incredible opportunity of performing at the festival.
Sweet Charity will be performed on November 1 and November 2 at 7:00 p.m. and November 3 at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available online at www.seatyourself.biz/jpt for $12 or at the box office one hour before each show for $15.00. Tamarac residents are welcome to attend.
J.P. Taravella High School 10600 Riverside Drive in Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2019.11.05City of Tamarac Holds Veterans Day Event November 11