By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Tamarac Chamber of Commerce held their signature Taste of Tamarac & Business Expo event last weekend with over 70 restaurants and vendors participating. This was the largest fundraiser of the year for the Chamber after months of planning went into it.
Held at the Tamarac Community Center, the layout of the event was changed to allow a better flow around the tables and more restaurants were added to the mix this year.
“We had nice restaurants and food sponsors, and this year we put more of an emphasis on the food.” Said Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Peter Mason.
During the show, Chef Michelle Jones gave two cooking demonstrations and incorporated sponsors Badia Spices and Walkerswood Caribbean Foods into her dishes. She even brought some of her Culinary Students from Atlantic Tech and her Tamarac Cooking Class on stage to help.
Besides eating all of the tasty food, children had fun too. Most of them came dressed up in their Halloween costumes and decorated pumpkins. They had a photo booth by Jumparoos and even got to have some fun with Cyler the talking robot from Waste Management.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County