By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Tamarac Chamber of Commerce held their signature Taste of Tamarac & Business Expo event last weekend with over 70 restaurants and vendors participating. This was the largest fundraiser of the year for the Chamber after months of planning went into it.
Held at the Tamarac Community Center, the layout of the event was changed to allow a better flow around the tables and more restaurants were added to the mix this year.
“We had nice restaurants and food sponsors, and this year we put more of an emphasis on the food.” Said Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Peter Mason.
During the show, Chef Michelle Jones gave two cooking demonstrations and incorporated sponsors Badia Spices and Walkerswood Caribbean Foods into her dishes. She even brought some of her Culinary Students from Atlantic Tech and her Tamarac Cooking Class on stage to help.
Besides eating all of the tasty food, children had fun too. Most of them came dressed up in their Halloween costumes and decorated pumpkins. They had a photo booth by Jumparoos and even got to have some fun with Cyler the talking robot from Waste Management.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.04Clear Space By Removing Hazardous Waste at Drop-off December 7
- News2019.12.0215-Year-Old Bicyclist Dies After Allegedly Hitching on to Truck
- News2019.12.01Japanese Wrestling Legends Head to South Florida For ‘Seasons Beatings’
- News2019.12.01Bicyclist Struck, Killed by Broward County Vehicle in Tamarac