By Selene Raj
This year, families are getting creative over the holidays to avoid risking the spread of Covid-19.
Some are planning Zoom Thanksgiving meals, and instead of spending Christmas or Chanukah together, they’re mailing presents to their loved ones.
Now, children can still meet Santa, too, that is, online.
Held by Tamarac Parks and Recreation, Virtual Calls with Santa Claus begins in December and allows kids up to five minutes to chat with Kris Kringle himself through Zoom.
There is a $5 charge for the calls — no telling what Santa is spending that on — and to participate, tickets and time slots can be purchased at Virtual Calls with Santa. The event page states that an elf will call to confirm reservations.
The calls will be available on Tuesdays, December 8 and 15, Thursdays, December 10 and 17, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Sundays, December 12 and 19, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests