By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Tamarac Talk has resumed providing updates on data from the Florida Department of Health.
Unfortunately, fall has brought with it some bad news; COVID-19 cases are setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of November 18, there have been 2,552 positive COVID-19 cases in Tamarac. That’s an increase of 29 positive cases since we last updated readers on the data on Monday, November 16.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 905,248 positive COVID-19 cases to date.
There were 104,996 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on November 17, with 10,191 coming back positive. Over the last two weeks, positive test rates have grown steadily from 7.35-percent on November 4 to 9.71-percent on November 17.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on November 17 was 39-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 17,731 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19, with 52,637 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 20,059
Pompano Beach 10,044
Coral Springs, 4,546
Deerfield Beach 2,692
Coconut Creek 1,980
North Lauderdale 1,680
Oakland Park 1,404
Pembroke Pines 1,374
Cooper City 880
Lauderdale Lakes 444
Wilton Manors 417
Southwest Ranches 315
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.04.17Tamarac Man Who Threatened Neighbor With a BB Gun Arrested For Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- News2021.03.26Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26
- News2021.03.24Tamarac COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24