Beginning December 1, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2018/19 school year where parents can apply online for a school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 7, 2018, Tamarac parents are encouraged to explore all of the District’s School Choice options available for their families. The School Choice application window provides an opportunity to apply for a magnet school, Nova school or a school reassignment.
Whether you apply December 1 or February 7, you still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Keep in mind that magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, and a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, 2017, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
For assistance with School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020