By: Jen Russon
Broward County Public Schools is offering free summer school in June and July.
Classes are held in-person across 90 locations Monday through Thursday for four hours a day, June 21 – July 29. Morning and aftercare options are provided for all grade levels.
BCPS-certified teachers will lead the classes, with breakfast and lunch available and public transportation for qualifying students.
Schedules differ slightly for elementary, middle, and high school students.
Grades 6 through 12 convene classes from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., while elementary students in summer school go from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Students with disabilities enrolled in the Summer Experience 6-12 will have access to the general education curriculum with ESE staff.
Learn more about The BCPS summer experience and to learn which school is hosting it visit here. Broward families may register online by following prompts on their child’s official school website. Summer school is free and available to any Broward County student looking to make up credits or get back on track.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.08.22J.P. Taravella Drama Selling Spots for ‘Huge’ Garage Sale and Craft Show
- News2021.08.10The Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs Voted South Florida’s Best by Regional Family Magazine
- News2021.08.03J.P. Taravella Drama Selling Spots for ‘Huge’ Garage Sale and Craft Show
- News2021.07.27Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event