By: Eliot Meiseles – President of Tamarac Cougars
It is that time of year again when the Cougars start getting ready to roam the Sports Fields of Tamarac. Coming off a successful season last year, we had four Football teams head to the playoffs and two make it into the second round. Our Cheer Squads scored high ranks in their final competition and brought home several trophies and honors with their squads. With the new turf field, a newly renovated concession stand, bleachers with sun shades, and plans for more improvements, this next year is looking to be another success.
On January 31, at the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, we will be holding early registration. Registration will be from 11:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m.
This early registration is specially priced at $200.00 as to give parents an incentive to sign up and plan for the next season of Cougar Football and Cheerleading in Tamarac. From the ages of 5 to 13 years old, we seek the youth of our community to come and be a part of the experience. Parents should bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate if they have not been with us before.
For those wishing to meet the coaches, discuss the program, or have their questions answered, there will be Cougars at the Publix Super Market at Tamarac Town Square at 8245 NW 88th Avenue, or at the Publix Super Market at Sunrise West Sunrise West Shopping Center 9300 West Commercial Blvd handing out flyers and showing the Cougar Spirit all over Tamarac. They will also be in attendance at the Tamarac Heath Expo on February 7, and can answer any questions about the program.
Not just a local football team, the Tamarac Cougars are a Spirit that lives within the hearts of our players and families. In good times and in those sad times, we have come together as a family to offer support and encouragement to our members. Our goal is not just to teach the children, but we are there to develop the inner spirit of all those who come to our fields. We call on the parents of our area to get their children active, get them off the couch, and let us help make their children healthier and better. The City of Tamarac and the Parks and Recreation Department has done wonderful things for us over the past several years and will continue to support our programs for the years to come.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Brian Regan Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2022.09.15TICKET ALERT: Comedian Kathleen Madigan Heads to Coral Springs for 2023 Tour
- News2022.09.13J.P. Taravella Drama Presents “Radium Girls” Based on a True Story