By: Sharon Aron Baron
Back in 2012, City Commissioners Diane Glasser and Pam Bushnell were both reelected unopposed, which means their constituents were pretty much happy with the way they were doing things over in City hall.
Or were they weren’t paying attention.
In 2016, the District 1 and 3 seat will be up for grabs again and now is the time for residents who have a vested interest in the future needs of their residents to start campaigning and raising funds for the election.
Besides overseeing two large areas in Tamarac, being a city commissioner is a lucrative part-time job as well, so it would be a shame if anyone ended up running unopposed. For instance, a commissioner in Tamarac makes $29,000 annually plus each get a hefty $700 a month car allowance, as well as a host of other benefits like health insurance, 401K, and expenses.
Are you interested?
Then take a good hard look at yourself and ask yourself: Are you someone who is meek and just wants to “get along” with other commissioners and not rock the boat? Are you someone who is intimidated by our mayor and cannot see themselves voting independently from their peers? Are you someone that has no original ideas on making Tamarac a better place to live?
Well, maybe this job isn’t for you.
Time to move along because you truly aren’t someone who will represent your constituents, but will just try to appease your friends at the City.
If you are someone with some chutzpah, who has a good business background, great leadership and people skills, is honest, and has some great ideas to make your district better, then let’s get working.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway